Saturday, April 26, 2008

Black Krim, Lime Green Salad planted


Today was a pretty warm day, getting up to the mid-90's or so.

We still have the Old Ivory Egg/Speckled Roman mystery as an open issue.

While my wife was out doing a few chores, I planted Black Krim and Lime Green Salad in the front yard. The Black Krim in the back yard came from Tomatomania while the one in the front yard came from seed. Because of the proximity of the newly planted Black Krim to the birdbath, we'll move the birdbath to a new location in the front yard. I used the cage from Gregori's Altai for Lime Green Salad and gave Gregori's Altai a new cage.

That leaves two more Lime Green Salad tomatoes and a Piccolo tomato. My wife was real excited to get three Lime Green Salad tomatoes and wants to plant them all (We grew this plant in 2006 and has very fond memories of this tomato). If she wants three Lime Green Salad tomatoes planted, that's good enough for me.

When I had finished planting Black Krim and cleaned up the front yard, my wife came home. We discussed where to plant the other three tomatoes. We'll plant another Lime Green Salad in the back yard between Black Cherry and White Bush, using the cage from Black Cherry for the Lime Green Salad and replacing Black Cherry's cage with one of the newly bought ones. Also, Black Cherry needs some new landscaping.

We both looked at the Purple Russian and she agreed that there was new growth on the tomato. I told her I was afraid to pull it because we don't know if the issue is with the tomato or the location. She agreed and thought we planted it (and the nearby Zhezha) in a bad location. Time will tell.

That leaves two left. We'll plant Piccolo next to the water meter near the curb and the last Lime Green Salad near the small tree near the curb. I believe that'll be the last tomatoes planted.

No comments: