Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lime Green Salads and Piccolo planted

I got the rest of the planting done this morning before the heat set in. It got up to the mid-90's yesterday and is supposed to be a bit hotter today. My wife, I and our neighbor like to go to the local Farmer's Market this morning but I decided to pass.

We moved the birdbath away from Black Krim.

I planted Piccolo and Lime Green Salad as described previously. I planted the last Lime Green Salad in the back, using the cage from Black Cherry. It took some effort to plant the last Lime Green Salad as there were a lot of roots to break.

Also I built up the area Black Cherry, Yellow Brandywine -- Platfoot Strain and White Bush. I gave a little water to Aker's Plum because it was so warm this weekend.

Then I took a look at Purple Russian and the backyard Zhezha, my problem children. There was some potting soil nearby so I took a scoop to each of them and added a little water to work it in. Strangely and surprisingly, Zhezha is getting some buds on it.

By the way, a lot of the tomato plants are breaking out with buds. We'll have more tomatoes to report in the near future....

No comments: