Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another day...


Not much to report today.

Mulched the paper last night and distributed the shredding among three plants. I did take this image, though...

As you can see, this is a picture of an egg next to the tomato plant Micro Tom. I doubt you'll see it in this reduced image, but there's a tomato growing on the plant, on the far side of the egg (at the 12 o'clock position).







Fertilized the container plants and some of the tomatoes in the ground as well as watered this morning. Tedious.

Update on our problem children: Purple Russian looks the same, thin and droopy. The backyard Zhezha has better color than before.

Oh, I put the rest of the seedlings in front of my wife's car door so she'd distribute them at work. In moving, I noticed one of the plants had “Tula” on one side (for Black From Tula) but on the other side, 180 degrees away, it said “OIE”! There's our Old Ivory Egg! Or is it Black From Tula? I talked it over with my wife and we simply do not know which plant it is.

I glanced at the others and didn't note any indication of Speckled Roman, though I didn't look too closely. The other clay pots were taken back over the weekend by our seed grower. So who knows? Maybe one of our recent plantings is really a Speckled Roman....time will tell.


No comments: