Saturday, April 26, 2008

Aker's Plum Planted, Missing Tomato Seedlings

Last night we planted Aker's Plum in the backyard between Jeff Davis and Evan's Italian Plum along the south fence. It looks just fine.

I watered the tomato plants in the morning. Several of them looked a bit dry so I gave them a bit more water. The "veterans" (ones that have been in the ground for a while, like Red Currant or Big Rainbow) I only watered lightly.

Last night I told my wife "Where's Old Ivory Egg?". I remembered a clay pot with a seedling that was labeled with black marker on the pot "OIE". My wife didn't remember, but I insisted we had such a pot. I looked everywhere, couldn't find it.

This morning, while watering these seedlings, I couldn't find our Speckled Roman seedling. I called my wife over, who
definitely remembers that one. We had two Speckled Roman seedlings and gave the better one to her mother, leaving us with the other. It's missing as well.

As of right now, it's a mystery.

We may be planting the rest of our seedlings today, but time will tell. The gardeners are here at the moment, so I took a break and wrote this up.


1 comment:

Ric A. P. said...

Sounds like BLT Bandits are roaming your neighborhood.

Due to heightened security we will not be planting tomatoes this season.

-R&B