Thursday, July 3, 2014

Harvested Indigo Apple and Earl of Edgecombe!

Today's harvest includes 47 Orange Paruche, 37 Sunchocola, 7 Earliana, 4 SunGold, 2 Stupice, 2 Husky Cherry Red(2), Indigo Apple (new), Earl of Edgecombe (new), Bloody Butcher, Yellow Perfection, Adriana's Grande (13 ounces), Janet's Jacinthe Jewel, Bread and Salt (10 ounces), Snow White, Garden Peach(2), Husky Cherry Red(1) and Garden Peach(3) for a total of 110 tomatoes.

The ripe Indigo Apple was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't noticed the orange blush on the tomato before. The ripe Earl of Edgecombe wasn't a surprise -- I forgot to mention it in yesterday's blog post -- but the first one harvested was a bit of a surprise. The one I spotted is still a day or two away. The one I harvested today isn't very big but it is a beautiful bright orange tomato.

Speaking of yesterday's blog post, I didn't post the weights correctly. Bread and Salt was originally posted as 9 ounces but it was really 12 ounces. Adriana's Grande had no weight posted but it came in at 13.5 ounces. Yesterday's blog post has been updated with these values. I'm sure this is riveting information for the reader!

I got up early again to finish the watering. First I harvested the front yard tomatoes. This took some extra time simply due to the amount harvested. Side note: Yesterday was our high harvest day for the year at 91 tomatoes. Today we harvested 98 tomatoes in the front yard alone. Anyway, then I realized the sprinklers are due to go off in the back yard at 6:22 AM and it's now 6:17. Harvest the back yard as fast as you can! Which I did, of course, but I'm sure to have missed a few.

After the back yard harvest I double watered the "koi pond". Vorlon is ready to be pulled and the "moat" for Berkeley Tie Dye leaks badly on the west side. I noticed a hidden Adriana's Grande during this watering. It should have been picked yesterday. To my defense it was pretty well hidden in the canopy created by the leaves, other fruit and branches.

We've now harvested over 200 Sunchocola tomatoes (208) this year.
 

No comments: