Monday, June 30, 2014

Harvested Four New Tomatoes!

There was no harvest Sunday. We were out of town in the morning but came back home in the early evening.

My wife double watered the "corner office" while I watered the container plants near the south gate and about eight more plants in the back yard. I had single watered the ones in the ground. I did a little bit of training during this watering. I noted that Snow White and Volunteer(4) has maturing tomatoes. Great White has growing tomatoes.

Volunteer(4) is not another Garden Peach. The tomatoes are small and red.

I had a Bread and Salt tomato as part of dinner. The tomato did taste quite good though it was a tad overripe. It's hard to single out the flavor, though, short of "good".

Today's harvest includes 27 Orange Paruche, 24 Sunchocola, 14 Matt's Wild Cherry, 11 SunGold, 4 Green Grape (new), 4 Bread and Salt (10.5 ounces, 7 ounces, 9 ounces), 4 Sugar Snack, 3 Bloody Butcher (new), 3 Stupice, 3 Garden Peach(3), 2 Volunteer(4) (new), 2 Husky Cherry Red(1), Earliana, Vorlon, Adriana's Grande (13 ounces), Jaune Flamme, Pierce's Pride (new), Garden Peach(2) and Husky Cherry Red(2) for a total of 108 tomatoes.

We harvested from 4 new plants today! Bloody Butcher and Volunteer(4) was expected. Green Grape was a complete surprise. I had knelt down to look at the two Husky Cherry Red tomatoes when I noticed a green tomato off the vine. After completing the Husky Cherry Red harvesting I went back to the fallen tomato. Turns out it was ripe! I looked at Green Grape and saw other ripe tomatoes. I harvested two more. During the harvesting another ripe one fell to the ground. While Pierce's Pride wasn't unexpected, it's a small "stress" tomato. The plant is turning white and not growing. Any ripe tomato will be stressed and for the most part inedible.

Today's harvest number is obviously bloated due to the lack of a Sunday harvest.

Volunteer(4) looks like Matt's Wild Cherry but I haven't tasted it to verify. For now it remains labeled as Volunteer(4).

The 13 ounce Adrian's Grande is a beauty.
 

No comments: