Thursday, July 10, 2014

Harvested Over 1500 Tomatoes For The Year!

Today's harvest includes 29 Sunchocola, 22 Orange Paruche, 12 SunGold, 12 Sugar Snack, 10 Matt's Wild Cherry, 6 Earl of Edgecombe (6 ounces), 5 Earliana, 4 Bread and Salt (6 ounces, 8 ounces, 8 ounces), 3 Yellow Perfection, 3 Adriana's Grande (15.5 ounces, 7.5 ounces), 2 Clint Eastwood's Rowdy Red, 2 Nyagous, German Orange Strawberry (12 ounces), Ananas Noire (19 ounces), Jaune Flamme, Black Krim, Snow White, Evan's Purple Pear, Black Cherry, Husky Cherry Red(1) and Michael Pollan for a total of 119 tomatoes.

I got up early today to beat the Thursday morning sprinklers...but they went on earlier than expected. I had finished the main area and had moved to the raised bed area when the sprinklers kicked on. I harvested, then waited and waited...eventually I decided I had to get wet and get on with it. I harvested the front yard, then realized I forgot to look at Matt's Wild Cherry. While harvesting that plant I spotted another ripe Nyagous.

Today's Ananas Noire is our first harvested tomato that is over one pound. And it's a beauty. Again, if you were to look at it you would not think it was ready...but if you feel it, it's ready.

No new tomatoes today, but we have now harvested over 1500 tomatoes for the year (1587).

At the present pace we'll not get to my estimate of 5250 harvested tomatoes for July. We're on a pace for about 3000 tomatoes for July. But the harvest numbers are picking up again...
 

No comments: