Sunday, July 6, 2014

Harvested Ananas Noire and Persimmon(2)!

Today's harvest includes 29 Orange Paruche, 12 Sunchocola, 5 Janet's Jacinthe Jewel, 5 Matt's Wild Cherry, 4 SunGold, 4 Husky Cherry Red(2), 3 Husky Cherry Red(1), 3 Indigo Apple, Ananas Noire (new, 14 ounces), Persimmon(2) (new), Adriana's Grande, Earl of Edgecombe, Earliana, Jaune Flamme, Garden Peach(1) and Sugar Snack for a total of 73 tomatoes.

Well, three days is a trend...we've gone from 110 tomatoes on July 3 down to 73 today. I'll attribute to simply Sunchocola and Orange Paruche losing some steam while the larger tomatoes haven't matured yet. I can see plenty of Sunchocola tomatoes on the vines, so there's more coming...just not as many maturing as there was a few days ago.

I was concerned about harvesting Ananas Noire. It felt ready but didn't look ready. Turns out I needn't be concerned. My wife cut off a portion of Ananas Noire for us to eat and it was both refreshing and delicious! It was ready.

Tomorrow I'll harvest one or two Berkeley Tie Dye tomatoes.

Yesterday my wife pulled Janet's Jacinthe Jewel and Vorlon. Today's Janet's Jacinthe Jewel might be used in a sauce but otherwise they don't look too appetizing. Pierce's Pride isn't long for this world, either.

A Pineapple tomato is starting to mature.
 

No comments: