Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Birds Harvest Paul Robeson...


And today's haul includes 12 Piccolos, 11 Stupice, 11 Salisaw Cafes, 6 Green Grapes, 6 Kimberlys, 5 Sioux, 4 Black Plum Pastes, 2 Red Currants, Husky Cherry Red, Italian Market Wonder, White Bush, Snow White, Black From Tula, Paul Robeson, Aker's Plum, Prairie Fire, and Cherokee Chocolate.

The birds like our Paul Robeson as well. I had one pecked on (and ruined) two days ago. Last night, another ripening one was pecked on worse than the first time.

A Pierce's Pride appears to be maturing.

I did a lot of tomato taping last night. I propped up a lot of leaning plants by tying tomato tape on the opposite end of the lean against a stake from another plant.

This morning, the back yard Black Krim had nearly tipped over. The back yard Black Krim is one of the ones I supported as mentioned in the last paragraph. I took a very thick stake and tried to prop it back up. It's fine for now but I think it'll start to fall again. I believe this is less a problem of last night's tomato taping and simply a problem of heavy tomatoes. It's a good problem to have! We had this problem with last year's Jeff Davis.

No comments: