Monday, June 9, 2014

Harvested Orange Paruche and Garden Peach!

Today's harvest includes 2 Garden Peach (new), 2 Sunchocola and Orange Paruche (new) for a total of 5 tomatoes.

This morning I did some training in the front yard. I noticed that Yellow Perfection had maturing tomatoes.

My wife double watered the tomato plants in the back yard, not including the container plants and the ones in raised beds. We also repaired a couple of "moats". During this period I noticed that Jaune Flamme had maturing tomatoes and that Volunteer(4) had growing tomatoes.

I showed my wife what was happening to Stupice. There was one maturing tomato...and a bird got that one as well! So we got rid of that tomato. My wife found some bird netting that we wrapped around the Stupice cage.

The biggest discovery was looking at Volunteer(2). I got down to ground level, looked up into the plant and saw maturing tomatoes! I brought my wife over and when she saw them, she harvested them. They were ready. And the feel of the tomato was unmistakable -- this was Garden Peach! This was great news! We didn't plant Garden Peach this year so this is not a duplicate of another tomato plant. And we like Garden Peach but haven't had good luck with the plant the last couple of years.

In the afternoon my wife spotted a scrub jay tearing open the maturing SunGold! We need to install something to scare away these birds....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

My wife and I tried Orange Paruche, Stupice, Garden Peach and Sunchocola during our dinner. Orange Paruche and Stupice were delicious. Garden Peach was good but a bit mushy and Sunchocola was quite good.

I've adjusted the on line spreadsheet to reflect Garden Peach and also took care of an issue with the front yard totaling feature for June.

It looks like we're going to have a monster year with Sunchocola.
 

No comments: