Monday, June 9, 2008

Three More Backyard Tomatoes!


Tonight I picked 17 Red Currants, a Taxi, Patio and two Husky Cherry Red tomatoes.

It looks like Husky Cherry Red will be harvested nearly every day, joining Red Currant. I've picked Husky Cherry Reds for three days straight and there a few more that are orange, close to being picked. I've picked Red Currants for 14 days straight and will be picking for many days to come.

This is the first day where I've picked four different tomatoes. The tide is slowly coming in, but it's coming in!

I checked on the tomatoes in the back yard, and there's three plants with new tomatoes! Lime Green Salad, Stupice and – I'm very happy to report – a very, very tiny Zhezha! Zhezha has come all the way back! On a slightly odd note, the only Lime Green Salad that doesn't have a tomato is the one in the “koi pond”, our signature area.

No comments: