Sunday, June 8, 2008

Watering Done


I watered the front and back yards this morning. Tomatoes look fine, branches growing about an inch a day. I need to constantly manage the vines.

In watering the front yard, I shook the hose to get rid of a kink in the line. In the process, I knocked off part of Jaune Flamme, including a growing tomato. Note to self: Next time, walk over and manually take out the kink.

Yesterday I added paper mulch to some of the tomato plants in the back, completing that chore. Also, I used tomato tape for a couple of the plants in the back yard, getting their branches off of the ground.

Red Currant has been so productive in the early going that we've surpassed last year's totals at this time.

My wife picked a Husky Cherry Red this afternoon. We'll be picking more later today.


No comments: