Thursday, June 26, 2014

Harvested Odoriko!

Today's harvest includes 11 Sunchocola, 5 Orange Paruche, 4 Yellow Perfection, 4 SunGold, 4 Garden Peach, 3 Odoriko (new), Adriana's Grande (8 ounces), Bread and Salt (8.5 ounces), Jaune Flamme, Husky Cherry Red(2) and Sugar Snack for a total of 36 tomatoes.

The new tomatoes are getting slightly larger as time goes on. First the cherry tomatoes, then the 3 to 4 ounce tomatoes, etc. We're in the 3 to 4 ounce phase. Today was Odoriko but Earliana and the smallish Cherokee Purple fit this profile.

Speaking of Cherokee Purple, my wife tried it and absolutely loved it! She hasn't been much of a fan of it in the past. I haven't been a fan of growing Cherokee Purple as a tomato plant. I've had no luck with it except in 2007. The plants have been undersized (again, sans 2007) and the tomatoes were blah. But I had memories of 2007...I tried it and absolutely loved it as well.

I had a small problem with the Yellow Perfection count. One of the tomatoes was a "Siamese Twin". I counted it as one.
 

No comments: