Monday, June 18, 2012

Harvested Nyagous(1)!

Today's harvest includes 6 SunGold, 5 Sweet Baby Girl, 4 Matt's Wild Cherry, 4 Husky Cherry Red(1), 3 Yellow Perfection, 2 Nyagous(1) (new), 2 Husky Cherry Red(2), Sweet Million and Sweet 100 for a total of 28 tomatoes

Husky Cherry Red(2) had some falling branches this morning. The weight of the fruit on the branches, plus the fact the branches got wet this morning (The sprinklers hit this tomato plant) pulled down several of them. I tied and staked them the best I could without getting too soaked, but lost a couple of tomatoes in the process.

We harvested Nyagous(1) today! However, I may have waited a day too late. They look a bit dessicated.

It got up to over 97 degrees yesterday. That was unexpected. Had I known that I would have harvested Nyagous(1) on Saturday. The ripening bunch is near a cage wire (within a half inch) and when it gets hot, the actual cage heats up, affecting the fruit abutting or touching the cage wire.

My wife watered part of the "koi pond" yesterday. She'll water some more today.

I added fertilizer to the container plants but it needs to be watered in.

Crimson Cushion has a maturing tomato! I'm surprised it's maturing this soon -- this plant has a long duration to maturity.
 

No comments: