Thursday, April 29, 2010

Planted 7 More Tomatoes In Pots




My wife planted six new tomato plants in pots in the back yard – Plum Tigris, Jaune Flamme, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Pink Berkeley Tie Dye, Carmello and Topaz. She also planted SunSugar in a pot in the front yard.

The six in the back yard were planted and will grow using the method learned from The Tomato Lady of Beverly Hills. We'll see how this experiment goes!


Above is an image of these back yard tomatoes.

After work I bought two bags of compost and some flashlights. After catching up on what went on during the day, I dug two holes in the back yard for more tomatoes to be planted. I have two more holes to dig and that may be it for our 2010 planting. We were/are seriously considering planting some seeds again but I don't know if we'll ever get around to it.

My wife believes we'll be managing 73 tomato plants this year but I need to verify after everything is planted.

While digging holes I noticed that Sweet Tangerine has a growing tomato on it. There's a second, unlabeled tomato near the raised bed with a tomato (perhaps Garden Peach?) as well but I'll verify later what was planted there.


This morning I noticed that Stupice has a second tomato growing on the vine.

The other image is a picture of my wife's beautiful garden!


4 comments:

Grace said...

I must know - who is the tomato lady of BH and what is her growing method?

Socaltomatoes said...

The Tomato Lady of Beverly Hills is someone who hasn't formally allowed me to mention her on this blog so I just use the moniker.

I'll see if I can get my wife to explain her method in a blog post...

Hassan Alamdari said...

Boy your house look beautiful again. Keep up the great work

Socaltomatoes said...

That's my wife's doing and she gets all the credit!