Thursday, July 2, 2009

Snow White Is Out Of Control


Today's numbers include 21 Red Currant, 7 front yard Paul Robeson, 5 Yellow Perfection, 4 Sweet Olive, 4 Red Grape, 3 Sweet 100, 3 SunSugar, 3 back yard Garden Peach, 2 Cherokee Purple (one 7 ounces), Black Cherry and Turkish Striped Monastery.

I picked as many front yard tomatoes today as I did for all of June (30).

My wife watered both the back yard and the front yard tomatoes.

Every morning I see about 3 unripe Red Currants on the ground next to the plant. This is understandable – they can fall off with the wind or just by brushing by the plant. But this morning there were about 25 on the ground. Did the watering cause this? Who knows.

I think there's a direct relation between the recent heat wave and the maturing Red Currants.

The Snow White tomato plant is out of control. And there's not much I can do about it – it's simply gotten too big.


No comments: