Saturday, June 28, 2008

Three More New Tomatoes Harvested!


Today's harvest: 139 Red Currants, 15 Husky Cherry Reds, 2 Jaune Flammes, 2 Salisaw Cafes, a good sized Green Grape, Prairie Fire, Red Robin and three new tomatoes: Carbon, Italian Market Wonder and Golden Jubilee!

The 139 Red Currants is a lot. I haven't picked over 100 of any type of tomato before. And because of the numerical strength of this harvest, my prediction of converging numbers of tomatoes compared to last years totals was simply flat out wrong. We've now surpassed last June's totals of 1259 tomatoes, having picked 1282 (of which 1103 are Red Currants) this month so far.

My mother-in-law called to say that she had her first harvest yesterday! She picked an Early Girl yesterday and today picked an Early Girl and a Lemon Boy. All were good tasting. A thumbs up from me!!

While we're on good news, a colleague that moved to the east coast a couple years ago is moving back to SoCal by the end of July. A thumbs up from me and my wife!



No comments: