Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cherokee Chocolate, Paul Robeson Harvested!

Tonight: 34 Red Currants, 19 Husky Cherry Reds, 3 Salisaw Cafe tomatoes, 3 Cherokee Chocolates (which I'm beginning to think may be something else) a Garden Peach, White Bush, Prairie Fire and a six ounce Paul Robeson!

Blue Fruit has a tomato on it that looks about a week old! Kellogg's Breakfast now has a small tomato and Painted Ukrainian has a tomato on it that has to be at least two weeks old – it's about an inch in diameter!

There are several tomato plants that have tomatoes maturing on the vines.

I kind of “held my fire” with the Red Currants. There are plenty of maturing tomatoes on the vine and felt that I could pick more. There should be a good load of these over the next couple of days.

I left a maturing Cherokee Chocolate on the plant, hoping that our Manchester Terrier would leave it. I looked around, saw the new backyard tomatoes and then picked some Salisaw Cafe tomatoes. By that time, he had already picked it off the plant. Ugh. Because I didn't see him do it there wasn't anything I could really do.

We tried the Paul Robeson. Another winner!


No comments: