Saturday, June 21, 2008

Olga's Round Yellow Chicken Egg Has A Tomato!

Yesterday's high at Pierce College was 111 (111.4 to be exact). Today is supposed to be just as hot.

Yesterday evening I picked 64 Red Currants, 3 Husky Cherry Reds, a Micro Tom and a Taxi tomato. The Taxi tomato was a bit sunscalded.

Stupice branches came out of their tomato tape. I took a wooden stake and wrapped a couple of the tomato tape “girdles” around the wooden stake and hammered it into the ground.

Early this morning I watered the back yard while my lovely wife watered the front yard.

I "girdled" some of the longer Black Plum Paste tomato plant branches with tomato tape.

I was going to write a paragraph on how tomatoes can't really form from buds because it's too hot right now. But while watering, I noticed a small tomato on Olga's Round Yellow Chicken. It's the first tomato I've seen on this plant. Go figure.

Later on, I gave yesterday's harvest to a visitor.



No comments: