Thursday, June 19, 2008

Green Grape Tomatoes Harvested

Last night was the first night I harvested Green Grape tomatoes. I picked 3 of them along with 3 Husky Cherry Reds and 46 Red Currant tomatoes.

It got up to 107 degrees at Pierce College and was still 100 degrees when I watered the front yard.

When I got to the back yard, I noticed that most of the tomato plants had one or two branches that had wilted. So I slow watered these tomato plants, making sure they took in lots of water. I stopped for dinner after finishing the rototilled area.

After dinner, I showed my wife some of the wilting. She thought these branches wouldn't recover. Again, this damage is minor. But I was nonetheless surprised to see it. Apparently these plants are getting the most sun. I'll have to watch these more closely.

My wife saw the Manchester Terrier pick off a Kimberly tomato and eat it. We put a green metal fence around portions of the fence.

Later on, I finished the watering in the back yard.

In the morning I checked the tomato plants in the rototilled area. They look better, but the tops of those branches mentioned before are still wilted.


No comments: