Monday, July 2, 2012

Harvested Taxi!

Today's harvest includes 23 SunGold, 14 Husky Cherry Red(1), 9 Husky Cherry Red(2), 4 Matt's Wild Cherry, 4 Yellow Currant, 2 Black Cherry(1), 2 Carmello, 2 Ella's Pink Plum, 2 Red Currant, 2 SunSugar, 2 Green Grape, Taxi (new), Indigo Rose, Redfield Beauty, Speckled Roman(2), Sweet Baby Girl, Sweet Million and Sweet 100 for a total of 73 tomatoes.

I was a little hesitant to try Indigo Rose but my wife wanted to try it right away. I thought we should wait a day or two. I was wrong. It was ready. My wife tried it first. "Perfect" (As in it's ready to eat right now and it tastes really good). I tried it, liked it and would grow it again. I'll have to try it again to give a better description of the taste short of it tasted good. The interior of the tomato is unique. There's not a formal separation between the outer walls and the interior -- like a plum in a way. I'll have to take a picture of this tomato cut in half. The picture will show what I'm saying better than I can put it into words. Two thumbs up!

Our Husky Cherry Red tomatoes are really good this year.

Today's Redfield Beauty is overripe and has a large flaw with it. I suspect it will get thrown out.

We didn't do anything with the tomato plants yesterday. This morning I put fertilizer in all the container plants.

We've now harvested over 200 Husky Cherry Red(1) tomatoes (202)! And we've harvested over 1000 tomatoes for the year (1004)!
 

No comments: