Thursday, June 14, 2012

Harvested Yellow Perfection!

Today's harvest includes 8 SunGold, 7 Husky Cherry Red(2), 2 Sweet Baby Girl, 2 Husky Cherry Red(1), Yellow Perfection (new) and Sweet Million for a total of 21 tomatoes.

I did some training of all the tomato plants yesterday. My wife cleaned up Sweet Baby Girl, getting rid of a lot of undergrowth.

The only plant I know doesn't have growing tomatoes that wasn't planted late (meaning: excludes Aunt Ruby's German Green and Pineapple(2), the grafted tomato plant) on it is Copper River. And while that plant isn't that tall or full, the color looks very good and has a few blooms on it. Now that I research it, Copper River was planted pretty late as well.

All the plants in the front yard have a growing tomato. I didn't mention that Pierce's Pride(2) has a growing tomato -- it's had several for some time. At some point in the future I'll check the plants one by one and check off all the ones that don't have growing tomatoes.

Matt's Wild Cherry has a maturing tomato.
 

No comments: