Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Seven Seedlings Planted, Bricks Removed

This morning my wife planted Green Zebra, Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye(1), Pineapple, Pineapple Pig and Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye(2). The redwood raised bed received two seedlings -- Porkchop and Jaune Flamme.

My wife informed me that she ran into a brick while preparing another hole in the redwood raised bed. Yeah, yeah, whatever, I thought. I'm sure there's something there, but a brick? Nah.

I had to leave a little early at work this evening. I left at 5:15 to try to make a 6:30 meeting at UCLA. We were going to be a bit late, but not too bad. While my wife got ready, I took a look at the "brick". Well...it was a brick. In about five minutes I was able to work out that brick and a couple others as well!

We took off around 6 PM but we received a call just before we hit the freeway -- the meeting was cancelled. We quickly turned around, drove home and I worked on the bricks. Surprisingly, I kept finding bricks in the dirt! Eventually I cleared out the northern end of the redwood raised bed of bricks, but hit a patch of asphalt. I got most of it out before the sun started to set.

My wife took a picture of the bricks and asphalt pile, below.


1 comment:

Laura, from the Garden said...

Your wife is always right!
I'm glad she discovered the bricks - and that you dug them out. Now she can plant more tomatoes!