The weekend was hot – but not as hot as originally forecast. That's good news for our tomato plants. It didn't get hot enough to sterilize the tomato blooms.
And the plants are growing like mad. You can see the difference just over the past several days.
Friday evening I completed the watering of the front yard.
Sunday we harvested Red Currant(1). I did my normal “training”, as I do most every day (especially now with the tomato plants growing at a faster pace). We installed a couple more lattices on our back yard patio cover. This will provide extra shade for the house and for some of the container plants.
My wife and I toured the back yard tomato plants in the ground. In general – they look fabulous.
The list of plants without tomatoes is dwindling. There's only two tomato plants in the ground (as opposed to in containers) without tomatoes. In the front yard, Aunt Ruby's German Green(2) doesn't have a tomato on it. In the back yard, Paul Robeson does not have a tomato on it. Both plants look healthy, have blooms and are growing so I'm not concerned about it.
My wife clearly identified one of the seedlings as Quedlinburger Fruehe Liebe. Since Ildi has been pulled, I'll swap Ildi with Quedlinburger Fruehe Liebe in the spreadsheet and in the back yard tomato document.