Monday, May 24, 2010

A Weekend of Chores; 5 More Plants With New Tomatoes


Another busy weekend – with chores.

First, I visited Fry's Electronics to get some 12 gallon plastic bins and a part for our fax machine. These bins were to be used to hold original TV scripts and copies of these same scripts. Sounds simple, right?

We have 12 gallon bins stacked from floor to ceiling at our residence, with the script bins somewhere near the bottom. So I had to unstack everything and take it all outside. Then I had to file the script copies and originals in order, then balance the load among the script bins. Then I had to redistribute and stack the bins back in their prior location. Overall it took about four hours. The tough part is lugging around the heavy bins.

While this was being worked on, I noticed that Ildi was wilting. I gave it some more water.

After the bin work I took a shower and then stepped out for a while to finish up some work for a client and prepared some emails. I came home and sent out the emails.

I changed back into gardening clothes and brought some soil bags from the front yard into the back yard. I got some clippers and a hand tool and began working on the backyard moats for the tomato plants and trimmed some more of the undergrowth. But I couldn't complete the task – I was just too exhausted from the script filing work.

I did notice that Pineapple and Black Oxheart had tomatoes on it.

On Sunday I watered the front yard tomatoes and turned a bunch of dirt on the south side of the back yard. Then I finished up the moat and trimming work in the back yard. Now all that's left is taping up some of the branches but this will take some time. For now I plan to start tomato taping tonight.

Ildi wasn't looking that much better so my wife dug it up to take a closer look at it. She also noticed that two more seedlings had sprouted in the pot so she transplanted Ildi in a new area within the same pot. She trimmed the leaves as well. So we could have up to four tomato plants competing in this one large pot.

This morning I “trained” all the plants. I noticed that Dr. Wyche's Yellow(1), Black and Gajo de Melon have tomatoes on them.

I'm counting 21 tomato plants without tomatoes, so 55 tomato plants have tomatoes on them. The three new seedlings aren't factored in at this point.


No comments: