Thursday, May 13, 2010

Three More Plants With New Tomatoes; Documents Are Done



Yesterday evening I completed logging all the tomato tag information for the back yard tomatoes. The document comes in at a svelte 55 pages. After dinner, I “trained” all the tomato plants.

Weeping Charlie, Black From Tula and Husky Cherry Red are the plants with new tomatoes on them.

My wife watered the front yard tomato plants, gave fertilizer and watered all the pots in the back yard as well as the three tomatoes in the raised bed. This morning I watered all the tomato plants that were in the ground in the back yard.

If you'd like to view the two on line tomato documents I've prepared or follow the 2010 tomato harvest on our on line spreadsheet, send me an email or post a comment to this thread and I'll add your email to the distribution list.

The next tomato chore is to cut away the low growth on some of the tomato plants – the growth that's hitting the soil. Also, I need to use tomato tape on a few branches for a couple branches. And I need to fix some of the watering holes around the tomato plants. But these chores can all be done over the weekend, time permitting. For now, though, I need to rediscover the gym.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I have been following your blog and am very curious as to what you record as tomato data. I just have the one spreadsheet. Could I please have access to your online documents? My email address is cca714 at gmail dot com. Thank you!
Corinne

Socaltomatoes said...

I'll try to get this out to everyone over the next couple of days. I'll add you in when I do. Thanks for reading!