Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three More Plants With New Tomatoes; Saint Pierre Removed



I did a little bit of “training” in the evening. I noticed that Saint Pierre was wilting and gave it some water.

There were at least three more plants with new tomatoes on them: Red Currant(2) (Red Currant(1) had a tomato at the time of planting that wasn't removed), Sweet 100 and Volunteer(2). Speaking of Sweet 100, my wife moved the pot because it was getting too much sun in the original location.

We went out to dinner and came back to a little bit of light. I worked on the back yard tomato document. I entered tag information for four or five tomatoes before the sun set. I've gotten most of the containers in the back yard and one or two of the ones in the ground.

My wife looked at Saint Pierre and it didn't look any different than before. She thought that it might be attacked by cutworms and took out the plant. Turns out that the stem was bruised so much that it couldn't support the rest of the plant. We suspect that maybe wind gusts over the weekend and on Monday injured the plant beyond repair.

So my wife took it out and replaced it with tomato seeds from three different types. We're sorry to see Saint Pierre go but it just means another opportunity to grow plants from seed.

This morning I completed the front yard tomato document for 2010. It is 16 pages long.

No comments: