Friday, October 30, 2009

It's Cold Again; Back On The Workout Routine


Today's harvest includes 7 Snow White(2), Snow White(1), Babywine and Old Ivory Egg for a total of 10 tomatoes.

It's cold again! It got down to 39.4 degrees this morning – right when I was harvesting at 7:20 AM. And there was just enough of a breeze to take away your body heat. Not good when you're wearing shorts. I wasn't particularly thorough with today's harvest.

I forgot to mention that when we were moving things around to store our air conditioner a couple days ago, I moved Patio Princess. Apparently a small caterpillar fell down from the plant. Yesterday morning I found a caterpillar on Italian Ice.

On a personal front, I was happy to complete my workout routine again. I had fallen off the wagon due to the bad air from the fires two months ago. I'd slowly build up again and then something else came up, etc... I wanted to work out when I was out of town at a conference, but that didn't happen.

So I completed 20 minutes/5 minute cool down on the elliptical for a burn of 335 calories and more importantly, 30 minutes of rowing for a burn of 390 calories. Toward the end of my rowing routine someone took the other machine and asked “How do you do it?”. That made me feel good. Now...I have to maintain it. Let's see if it happens.

Then the “2nd shift” started. After a shower and dinner I had to do stuff for out accountant, two clients, our computer user group, NetBook research and other assorted emails. I was going to move some files into a file cabinet but files were flopping around everywhere and spilling – I hit the wall.

Back to the tomatoes – Snow White(1) is inching toward 1400 harvested tomatoes (1396), Snow White(2) is headed toward a 1000 harvested tomatoes (971), Babywine is inching toward 500 harvested tomatoes (487) and overall we're heading toward 11,000 harvested tomatoes for the year (10920).


No comments: