Friday, September 25, 2009

The Heat Wave Continues...


Today's harvest includes 6 Snow White(2), 6 Black Cherry, 5 Snow White(1), 3 Green Zebra(1), 2 White Currant, 2 Babywine, 2 Japanese Black Trifele, Vintage Wine, Black Krim, a back yard Husky Cherry Red, Red Grape, Italian Ice, Paul Robeson, Tiger Paw and Cuor de Bue for a total of 34 tomatoes.

Yesterday it got up to 102 degrees again.

Again, I couldn't find any Black Cherry tomatoes to harvest. I remembered leaving one behind yesterday, thinking that tomato needed another day. So I looked for it. I found it and based on this new angle, found another “stash” of Black Cherry tomatoes. In spite of the reasonable harvest numbers for Black Cherry, we're running out of tomatoes. However, the plant has new growth and seems that if the weather were to become more temperate, new blooms would appear.

My wife watered a part of the front yard.

I see enough tomatoes on the vines to reach 10,000 tomatoes harvested for the year. Barring a surprise, we'll make it to that level.


No comments: