Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Volunteer Has A Tomato On It!


Today's harvest: 4 Snow White, Cherokee Purple.

The harvest didn't really happen this morning. By the time I was ready to harvest it was 10:30 in the morning. The sun was too high and I risked sunburn so I passed on a full harvest.

Yesterday I took out Beaverlodge Plum, the front yard Garden Peach, the front yard Paul Robeson and Cherokee Purple.

Cherokee Purple had a small mature tomato on it so I kept it. I took the cage for Cherokee Purple, flattened it and slipped it underneath some of the Snow White branches. This will help a tiny bit in keeping some of the branches off the ground. When I picked up the branches I found four mature tomatoes.

I completed watering the front yard tomato plants.

The big news is that the volunteer has a tomato on it! The plant has recently had a growth spurt and is now showing a tiny tomato! I'll have to adjust the spreadsheet to reflect this new tomato. I believe it to be Old Ivory Egg but I'll just add it as “Volunteer” for now.

Since I need to adjust the on line spreadsheet, I'll change Super Snow White to Snow White(2).


No comments: