Friday, May 8, 2009

More Watering; Switched Cages


My wife watered the back yard tomato plants in the ground last night.

Now that I mention it, I should correct a couple things: On Wednesday my wife watered the back yard container plants while yesterday she watered the tomato plants in the ground. Also, when I wrote that we had 57 “in the ground”, that phrase was an adjective for “planted”. As my wife correctly pointed out, 9 of those 57 are in containers.

The newly planted White Zebra was wilted in the early evening but by nightfall was just fine.

I switched the Green Zebra and Silvery Fir Tree cages.

Jaune Couer de Pigeon is the first of my wife's seedlings to show buds.

Yellow Perfection and Beaverlodge Plum have multiple tomatoes on their branches. Yellow Perfection is doing particularly well. It may be 2 ½ feet tall already.

I did more “training” of the front yard tomato branches before leaving for work in the morning.


No comments: