Monday, April 27, 2009

The Two Zebras Are Damaged


I met my wife for lunch today. In passing, I mentioned that the two Zebras (Black Zebra and Green Zebra) had leaves that looked “burned” when I checked the front yard tomato plants this morning. I thought it may have been related to the latest heat wave, though I didn't notice any damage when I watered them this last Saturday. My wife said she'd check it out.

My wife had some bad news. Both plants were damaged, apparently with a RoundUp type spray. Black Zebra was hit with a glancing blow and will apparently make it, but Green Zebra may be a total loss.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks more like we got hit by a stray dog coming onto our property and marking our plants. When tomatoes are hit with Round Up they basically dissolve and that's not what happened today. I will have to replace green zebra but that's not so bad.

Bill's wife.