Friday, September 12, 2008

Twelve Tomatoes, Ten Caterpillars


Today's haul includes 3 Salisaw Cafes, 2 Evan's Italian Plums, Stupice, Old Ivory Egg, Italian Market Wonder, Black Plum Paste, a tiny Polish Pastel, Carbon and Piccolo.

Forgot to mention in the last post: Micro Tom was pulled on Wednesday.

Last evening I taped up several plants, including Thessaloniki, which needed lots of tape. The taping exposed the caterpillars that I suspected were on the plant. From that evening, night and this morning I believe I found three adult caterpillars and a couple small caterpillars on Thessaloniki alone, a couple on Evan's Italian Plum and several others for a total of around 10 caterpillars.

I need to get some more of the thin tomato tape.

We've had mild weather this past week. I'm seeing blooms on tomato plants that I haven't seen in about a month.

Salisaw Cafe is ahead of Piccolo again for second place (313 – 312).

I've had requests to post more pictures on this blog. Unfortunately at this time of the year, the tomato plants aren't very picturesque at all.

There won't be any weekend updates to this blog. My wife and I will be leaving tonight to go to the Carmel TomatoFest. The next update will be Monday (our first wedding anniversary!).


No comments: