Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinner At Castaways...


Today's weak harvest included 3 Piccolos, an Evan's Italian Plum and Stupice.

I found two caterpillars this morning, one on Aker's Plum and another on Thessaloniki.

Yesterday my wife and I had an anniversary dinner at Castaways Restaurant in Burbank (our wedding venue), getting home late. This morning I was expecting to harvest a Carbon tomato...but it wasn't around. I'm sure the Manchester Terrier got to it as we weren't able to feed them dinner until around 11PM. I can't blame the dog, he was hungry...

My mother in law indicated that she found some caterpillars over the weekend.

By the way, now is a good time to check for caterpillars. It's hot outside (it got up to 101 in the valley) and caterpillars will hide. Wait for a few hours after sunset and go out with a flashlight. The critters will be hungry and will be eating voraciously.


No comments: