Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Dwindling Harvest...


And today's haul includes 3 Piccolos, Salisaw Cafe, Sioux, Black Krim (back yard) and Black Cherry.

I forgot to mention that my mother in law took the skin off and blanched all the harvested tomatoes over the weekend. My wife was thrilled when she found out.

My mother in law took the Pacific Surfliner (Amtrak) up from San Juan Capistrano to Chatsworth on Friday. It was the first time she tried this train and she absolutely loved it. However, about a half hour later the devastating train crash occurred just north of the Chatsworth station.

The Chatsworth station was to reopen on Monday afternoon, but was later delayed. So on Monday afternoon I took her to Union Station to catch the train back to San Juan Capistrano.

I think I may have Jaune Flamme pulled this weekend. It was getting new growth and a couple blooms but I think the recent heat wave burned out the blooms.


No comments: