Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Husky Cherry Red, Patio Harvested

Updates have been slow lately because my laptop adapter is on the fritz. I ordered a new one off of eBay and it shipped last Thursday...but I haven't received it yet. Since I ordered it the adapter is completely dead. Until I receive that adapter, updates will be spotty.

We were busy this past Memorial Day Weekend. On Sunday we went to Downtown Disney in Anaheim and saw the new Indiana Jones movie (it was okay) with my wife's parents. They brought Boomer, our poodle, and we brought him back home. When we got home I assembled a couple of storage racks for the garage.

Monday was spent taking out most everything in the garage and putting in the storage racks. We had room for a third storage rack, so I went out, bought it and assembled it at home. By that time, my wife and our seed lady (who just happened to be visiting) had already packed most everything back into the garage in an orderly and organized fashion. The seed lady was a godsend!

While reorganizing things in the garage, we discovered some fish emulsion bought last year for the tomato plants, but never used. I'll need to research this to see how it is used. Our seed lady told us that dogs and cats love this stuff, so it may be difficult to use appropriately with our dogs in the back and the feral cat in the front. We'll see.

I showed the seed lady around the front yard tomatoes. On her own, she noted that Garden Peach looked a bit odd.

I've been picking Red Currants every day, mostly in amounts of two or three. Yesterday we picked our first Husky Cherry Red. This morning, my wife picked our first Patio tomato. We have another Taxi that is close to maturity.

On Saturday I did cut off the lower branches that were hitting the ground on all the tomato plants. I made more paper mulch but never distributed it. I did put worm castings on a few plants, including Garden Peach and fertilized the container plants again. I think I gave some fertilizer to Garden Peach as well.

I watered the front yard tomato plants last night and the back yard tomato plants this morning.

I haven't noticed any new tomatoes but I haven't been looking too closely.


No comments: