Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Harvested Two More Red Currants

After work today, I checked out the tomato plants in the front and back.

The color on the two mustard colored Taxi tomatoes are more consistent. Also, their color may be lightening just slightly.

One of the Patio tomatoes has begun to turn red.

I picked two more Red Currant tomatoes.

No new tomatoes were noted though I didn't look too closely. I just adjusted the branches on a few of the tomato plants.

Checking the plants most every day it isn't the most exciting thing to do. But the repetition pays off when something different catches your eye. Tonight I noticed that the underside of an Aunt Ruby' German Green leaf had hundreds of tiny hexagonal eggs planted on it. It didn't matter what species they were, they simply didn't belong. So I pulled the leaf, threw it in the street and stepped on it. I didn't notice this on any other leaf. I'll keep an eye out for it.

A few weeks back I noticed something on the underside of about a dozen of the Big Rainbow leaves. I was able to brush them off with my hands and hadn't noticed them since.



No comments: