Monday, June 16, 2014

Harvested Clint Eastwood's Rowdy Red!

Today's harvest includes 14 Orange Paruche, 7 SunGold, 6 Sunchocola, Clint Eastwood's Rowdy Red (new), Yellow Perfection and Sugar Snack for a total of 30 tomatoes.

I did a little bit of tomato taping in the front yard during the harvest.

On the down side, I noticed a Jaune Flamme that got whacked (again, sigh) because our netting wasn't as tight as it could be. Also, the maturing Matt's Wild Cherry seemed to be completely gone. The SunGold tomatoes are difficult to harvest because the netting has been put on very well. But it makes it hard for my hand to get inside the netting to the mature tomatoes. And in the evening my wife found a partially eaten Sugar Snack in one of the raised beds.

On the upside, my wife told me about a ripe tomato in the front yard that I hadn't noticed. It was perfectly ready. After a brief description of where it was located, I realized it was Clint Eastwood's Rowdy Red. Yum! That was a happy surprise.

In the evening my wife tightened the netting around Jaune Flamme. We added netting to Matt's Wild Cherry and Ananas Noire.

I discovered that Pierce's Pride, Dr. Wyche's Yellow and Pink Berkeley Tie Dye(2) have growing tomatoes!

Janet's Jacinthe Jewel has a maturing tomato. However, this tomato appears to be maturing because the plant is distressed.

We gave away today's harvest except Clint Eastwood's Rowdy Red to a neighbor of ours.
 

No comments: