Saturday, May 26, 2012

Eight More Plants With Tomatoes!

Today's harvest: Husky Cherry Red(1).

Yesterday evening I spent a lot of time training as many tomato plants as I could. I got a close look almost all the tomato plants. From that I discovered more plants with tomatoes.

A partial list includes Noire Charbonneuse(1), Oaxacan Jewel, Olga's Round Yellow Chicken, Garden Peach, Black Krim(2), Earl of Edgecombe, Jaune Flamme(2) and Black and Brown Boar(1).

Today my wife and I made six more cages from concrete reinforcing wire. We replaced some of the weaker cages with the new tomato cages. We took out the weaker cages. There was some minor damage done when removing the cages but we believe it is not serious.

The weaker cages were mostly "leggy". We cut them down to size and used these cut down cages on the container plants. We replaced the original cages and again there was some minor damage. For instance, I knocked a tomato off of the Taxi tomato plant.
 

No comments: