Monday, April 2, 2012

Back Online

I'm sorry for being away for so long. My wife and I spent 10 days in Hawaii, whereupon the video card on my laptop appeared to die. After landing, it took a couple of days to get it to my hardware guy. So far, so good. But it took over three weeks before it came back. I'm downloading a month's worth of email as I type this.

Some notables: My wife planted two Husky Cherry Red tomatoes on February 23 or Feburary 24. But nothing since. We're late planting tomatoes as well!

I did two days at the TomatoMania event in Encino and two at the Descanso Gardens these past two weekends. My wife had the same schedule, but also worked Friday at the West LA event at the VA hospital.

The remaining pile of dirt finally went away last week. My wife is preparing a raised bed with some cinder blocks and brought the dirt in the back yard.

From mid-November to late February I was commuting to Orange County on a consulting contract. That ended in lieu of an opportunity in Agoura Hills. No more commute! But for technical reasons the tomato blog updates will probably get more spotty this year. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: