Monday, August 15, 2011

Harvested Over 6500 Tomatoes This Year!

Today's harvest includes 61 Matt's Wild Cherry, 6 Garden Peach, 6 SunGold(1), 6 Husky Cherry Red(2), 3 Husky Cherry Red(1), 2 SunSugar, 2 Sweet 100, 2 Orange And Green Zebra, 2 Golden Mama, 2 Oaxacan Jewel(2), 2 Snow White, Kellogg's Breakfast, Honkin' Big Black Cherry, Quedlinburger Fruehe Liebe, Green Grape and Haley's Purple Comet for a total of 99 tomatoes.

We've now harvested over 6500 tomatoes for the year (6534)! Also, we've harvested over 3500 tomatoes from the front yard.

Also, we've harvested over 1800 Matt's Wild Cherry tomatoes (1816)! As I suspected, the Matt's Wild Cherry harvest picked up a bit. And we've harvested over 300 SunSugar tomatoes (301).

The volume has dropped dramatically. I harvested around 2 pounds of tomatoes today, that's all.

6 comments:

bex said...

Wow! What do you plan to do with all of them? The ones you haven't eaten right off the vine, that is! Do you guys have any good tomato recipes you plan to post?

You two really amaze me. I struggle to keep my bamboo twig alive. :-)

Socaltomatoes said...

Bex,

Take a look at some of our Images to see some of what we're up to!

bex said...

Ooo! That tomato jelly looks amazing! I've never thought to make it before but it makes sense. It's a fruit after all!

I noticed the dehydrator after I posted my comment and wondered what type it is. It almost looks like a clear Ronco but I wasn't aware that they made them clear. Whichever brand it is, do you like it? I may be in the market for a new one.

Socaltomatoes said...

The tomato jelly is amazing!!

We like our dehydrator (I don't remember the brand name) but we have nothing to compare it against.

bex said...

Any chance you'd be willing to share your tomato jelly recipe or is it a family secret? It really does sound tasty.

Socaltomatoes said...

Send my wife an email and I'm sure she'll tell you all about it...