Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Five More Plants With New Tomatoes


I got back to “training” the tomatoes this morning, and I had a lot to do. Unfortunately, I broke my first branch – it came off Zapotec Pleated. Oh well, these things happen. The tomato plant is four feet tall already and will be just fine.

There were five plants with new tomatoes – Plum Tigris, Green Zebra, Jaune Flamme(2) (the one in the raised bed), Enchantment and Toni's Round.

I should mention here that last week my wife added liquid fish emulsion to a used half gallon milk carton (rinsed out). She put a pinhole on the bottom and placed it next to plants she thought could use an extra kick. First she put it by Jaune Flamme(2), then Sweet 100, then Toni's Round.

My wife met our “seed lady” last night while I spoke at the Los Angeles Visual FoxPro User Group. She came back with...did you guess it...two more seedlings. Apparently the “seed lady” did get a couple of seedlings from her batch. I believe one is called Ildi and the other had “Pink” in the name. Where in the heck are we going to plant them?

The real tomato season is starting – the one where I can't keep my second knuckles completely clean due to tomato schmutz from training and soil.

As a whole the plants are doing great. While looking great isn't the payout window, it looks like a very good foundation has been established.


No comments: