Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Seedling Recipient EMail


Here's an email from one of seedling recipients...

--

Hello there!

You guys are having a great tomato season! I think this milder summer has helped a bit with the harvest. I've seen a lot of new flowers on our plants lately.

This week my husband and I harvested a few of the tomatoes from the seedlings you gave us!!! They were absolutely */delicious/*.

Quedlinburger Fruhe Liebe was really nice, bright on the palate, nice finish.

What we thought was a Gardener's Delight turned out to be Garden Peach! I thought it was weird when the tomatoes started turning yellow instead of red, I thought it might be diseased at first. LOL I realized it was Garden Peach when i picked one of the tomatoes and it was fuzzy. My husband and I both liked Garden Peach, that had a really nice flavor.

Our favorite so far (of the tomato plants you gave us) is definitely the Green Grape. OMG that is soooooo good, it has a really nice tomato flavor combined with the flavor of truffles!!! Add a slight drizzle of truffle oil, some goat cheese = heaven.

There are 3 tomatoes that are currently ripening on the Eva Purple Ball, can't wait to eat those.

We know that we'll definitely be planting Green Grape, Big Zac (our tomatoes have been averaging 1 lb, meaty tomatoes with little gel/seeds), Black Krim, Sun Gold, and Julia Child. My cousin gave me some tomato seeds for Black Krim, so I will try starting my own seedlings for next year. If they are successful, I will be sure to drop some off to you guys.

Thank you again for the tomato seedlings, they have turned out such great tasting fruit!

No comments: