And today's harvest includes 19 Red Currant, 10 Red Grape, 9 Yellow Perfection, 7 Sweet Olive, 5 back yard Paul Robeson (one 6.5 ounces), 4 back yard Speckled Roman (again, blossom end rot on all of them), 4 Italian Ice, 3 Mong (6 ounces, 8 ounces, 8 ounces), 3 White Currant, 2 Green Grape, 2 back yard Garden Peach, 2 German Orange Strawberry (one 6 ounces), 2 Black Cherry, 2 Black Krim (10.5 ounces, 11.5 ounces), 2 Aunt Ruby's German Green (New! 11 ounces, 6 ounces), Cuor de Bue, Jeff Davis, Orange Blossom (9 ounces), Sweet 100, SunSugar, Babywine, a front yard Garden Peach, a front yard Speckled Roman, Paul Robeson, Snow White, Jaune Coeur de Pigeon, and Black From Tula (New! 8 ounces) for a total of 88 tomatoes.
We've reached over 1000 harvested tomatoes for the month. It doesn't look like we'll reach my estimate of 4000 tomatoes for the month but 3000 or more isn't out of the question, especially if Snow White and Black Cherry start producing a large number of tomatoes.
Turns out I have a couple of goof ups to fix. I mentioned earlier how I thought Sweet Olive's numbers were getting goosed by Red Grape and Sweet 100. So what I did was to count the Red Grapes before putting them in the harvest basket (good) and following the branches down to the ground for the Sweet 100/Sweet Olive container (again, good). Only now do I realize that what I thought was Sweet Olive was Sweet 100, and vice versa. I've fixed the on line spreadsheet numbers but I need to update the blog and some other items.
On another matter, I recently posted a comment that said our Quedlinburger Freuhe Liebe's first tomato looks a lot like Oaxacan Jewel but the leaves are clearly different. I looked at it again this morning and now I'm not so sure. I asked my wife. She said the leaves at the bottom of the plants look very much alike. So we may have a mislabel. And we hate getting mislabeled plants. But we did it! Anyway, we'll see what happens with the next harvested Quedlinburger Freuhe Liebe.