Friday, July 31, 2009

Harvested Over 4500 Tomatoes For The Month!

And today's harvest includes 41 Red Currant, 40 Snow White, 25 Black Cherry, 13 Jaune Coeur de Pigeon, 7 back yard Husky Cherry Red, 6 White Currant, 6 Japanese Black Trifele (8 ounces, 9 ounces, 10.5 ounces, 6 ounces), 5 Babywine, 5 front yard Husky Cherry Red, 5 Oaxacan Jewel(2), 4 back yard Green Grape, 4 Sweet 100, 4 Early Annie, 4 SunSugar, 4 Yellow Perfection, 3 back yard Garden Peach(2), 3 Amazon Chocolate, 3 Patio, 3 front yard Speckled Roman (one with minor end rot, unfortunately), 2 Silvery Fir Tree, 2 Oaxacan Jewel(1) (one 6 ounces), 2 Black Krim (6 ounces, 7 ounces), 2 Cuor de Bue, 2 Black From Tula, 2 Plum Tigris, 2 back yard Paul Robeson, 2 Tiger Paw, 2 Red Grape, 2 Italian Ice, a back yard Mexico (15.5 ounces), German Orange Strawberry, Pierce's Pride (7 ounces), Vintage Wine, Mong, Super Snow White, Dr. Wyche's Yellow (15 ounces) and Turkish Striped Monastery and White Zebra (new!) for a total of 214 tomatoes.

Two days ago my wife watered the “corner office”. She'll try to get to the rest of the front yard today if time permits.

The dogs picked off a tomato or two over the past could of days. I had bigger issues to address so I didn't worry about it that much.

I tomato taped a couple of plants in the “koi pond” this morning.

It's becoming increasingly hard to harvest Snow White tomatoes. The plant is so big and has doubled over so much that it's hard to crawl underneath it.

We ended up harvesting 4576 tomatoes for the month, 2323 in the front yard and 2253 in the back yard.

Yellow Perfection now holds our all time record for the number of harvested tomatoes from one plant in the back yard, 317 tomatoes. But Black Cherry is quickly catching up, now at 275 tomatoes for the year.

We ended up harvesting over 1000 Red Currants for July 2009 (1020).

The White Zebra was overripe. I had actually seen it on the vine a few days ago, picked it yesterday because it looked ripe but I had forgotten the name of the plant. I was wondering why it hadn't changed color. Now I know why. It's named White Zebra. It simply got more pale. My wife threw it away but I'll still credit the on line spreadsheet.

Speaking of which, I've added some basic charts to the on line spreadsheet.

No comments: