Thursday, September 4, 2008

Found 3 Caterpillars


Today's harvest includes 2 Italian Market Wonders, 2 Cherokee Chocolates, 2 Evan's Italian Plums, 2 Piccolos, Salisaw Cafe, Paul Robeson, Pierce's Pride, Aker's Plum (6 ounces), Green Grape and Black Plum Paste.

I tomato taped several tomato plants in the front and bSack yards. I taped Old Ivory Egg again but it looks like it will tip over anyway.

I've been searching for about two weeks for a caterpillar that struck Jaune Flamme. There were clear signs of damage, but I just couldn't find the source. I finally found it this morning. Later on in the morning I found a second one on the plant starting to attack the last untouched green portion of the plant. So I disposed of that, washed up and looked over at Black Krim (front yard), another plant that was taped. Lo and behold, I found a caterpillar on that one, too. Throw in street, go in, wash and dry hands again.


No comments: