Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Paper Mulching Completed


On Monday evening, I had a little over a half an hour between work and our computer user group board meeting. In that time I completed the paper mulching. All the tomato plants have paper mulch around it. I plan to continue to add it to the plants as necessary.

I noticed that the Patio plant has been in the ground for 70 days. The estimated maturity is also 70 days. The tomatoes on the plant are still green and are not near maturity. But the 70 days is just a guideline, and we planted this tomato very early in the season (February 26). Also, the plant was clearly stressed in the April heat waves.

Taxi has an estimated maturity in 65 – 70 days. This was planted on March 1, and so is now 52 days old this morning. I thought I saw a slight darkening of one of the tomatoes last week – perhaps it's maturing.

Prairie Fire looks quite good.


No comments: