Saturday, May 15, 2010

Seven More Plants With New Tomatoes


The new tomatoes are coming fast and furious.

Last night I noticed that Zapotec Pleated, Green Grape and Orange Fleshed Purple Smudge have tomatoes. And these new tomatoes had been around for more than a day or two. I had been looking at Zapotec Pleated nearly every day, moving branches around and whatnot, finding nothing. This tomato plant is already “thick”, lots of branches being sent up the cage. But last night – oh, there's a tomato that's nearly an inch in width! It sounds silly but on some tomatoes you gotta know where to look.

This morning I cut away the undergrowth on all the tomato plants. By definition I got a closer look at all the tomato plants. I noticed new tomatoes on SunSugar, T. C. Jones, Japanese Black Trifele and Topaz. Now these tomatoes aren't even the size of a small button. In a couple of cases, even much smaller.

Next projects -- Remake the “moats” (or at least the “catch basins”) and send out notifications for my 2010 on line documents.

No comments: