Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Aunt Ruby's German Green -- "Phenomenal"

And this morning's harvest includes 22 Red Currants, 6 Stupice, 5 Piccolos, 3 Cherokee Chocolates, 3 Sioux (including a six ounce and seven ounce tomato), 3 Paul Robesons (including a six ounce and seven ounce tomato), 2 Kimberlys, 2 Salisaw Cafes, 2 Black Plum Pastes, 2 Black Cherries, 2 Green Grapes, an Italian Market Wonder, Golden Jubilee, Arkansas Traveler, Garden Peach and a 6.5 ounce Gregori's Altai.

Today is the highest back yard harvest total for this year: 23 tomatoes.

My wife spent a lot of time in the garden last night. She pulled out the Taxi and Patio tomato plants. She was concerned over my reaction to this but the plants have been non-productive for some time. I could have pulled them a week ago.

Gregori's Altai looks a lot like last year's Gargantua. Could they be the same?

I brought some of our smaller tomatoes to our computer user group, LA Fox. Almost all of them were taken. One person couldn't stop raving about the Aunt Ruby's German Green that I brought to our LA Fox board meeting, calling it “phenomenal”. I'm afraid that someone may have picked off a few of the unripe Aunt Ruby's German Green tomatoes in the past. I remember some of these tomatoes having a good size and now I simply don't see them.


No comments: